Benefits of Earning a Diploma in Healthcare Aide
- According to the Labour Force Survey (2009), the Median Hourly Wage for Healthcare Aide was $17.75.Whereas the Median Hourly Wage for all occupations was $21.94.
- High Demand: From 2011-2020, job openings are expected to total 66,981 while only 52,247 job seekers will be available to fill these job openings.
- 80% of workers in this occupation worked full-time, compared to the average of 48%. for all occupations.
Financial Aid & Scholarships Available
- Government Student Loan.
- RBC Royal Credit Line for Students.
- There may be other forms of financial aid available to you. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for specific government grants and bursaries. Additionally, you may be eligible to receive funding through a government-sponsored agency
such as HRSDC or WorkSafe.
A career as a caregiver is suitable for you if you love to help people. Caregivers are much in demand in Canada and the Health Care Aide program from one of our featured colleges will prepare you for this rewarding career. On graduating from this program you can assist patients with mental health issues as well as those who require basic care. The knowledge and skills gained from this program are suitable for long term care facilities as well as for people living at home. You will be able to recognize and act upon their physical and emotional needs as well as engage them in activities which promote their physical and mental well-being. Theory courses include anatomy, medical terminology, chronic illnesses and palliative medicine. Practical training covers important aspects of accountable and responsible care like wheelchair safety, transfer methods, mechanical lifting techniques and various care methods. The Health Care Aide program makes it mandatory to do a 6-week clinical placement for valuable hands-on experience. On successful completion of the program you will be qualified to find employment opportunities in retirement homes, long-term care facilities, hospices, residential care centres, group homes and home health care agencies.